Friday, September 2, 2011

TUTORIAL - Pleated Headband

 *I made this a while back... It was used for a guest post on Peace Love and Crafts.*

 pleated headband for 25 cents using old scraps!

Supplies:
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Old tee or fabric
Headband (I buy mine at the dollar store.)
Felt scrap
Yarn

1. Cut a rectangle out of your shirt (or whatever fabric you are using.)
2. Fold one of the short ends over and pin.
3. and 4. Make a pleat

5. Continue making pleats all the way down pinning each pleat. Make sure they are all the same size!
6. Once you reach about 3.5 inches, fold the end under and pin
7. Draw out a shape on paper and cut it out

8. Pin template down.
9. Trace around it with chalk.
10. Sew along your lines.
11. Get your hot glue gun heatin’ up and get out your headband, yarn, and felt.

12. Glue yarn around your headband making sure to cover the whole thing.
13. Glue pleated piece on.
14. Glue some felt on the back to secure and you’re good to go!

Now you can wear your headband proudly, and when someone asks where you got it, you can say proudly, “I made it!”


Thanks for reading guys! Life's been busy, so I can only post every other day right now. Hopefully I'll be back to every day soon!

Alyssa

3 comments:

MrsWardy88 said...

I really think that's chic! It looks like a mini beret! lol

Stylifiq said...

I love it! and it's easy to do too so you can be sure I'll be trying it out. thanks for sharing :)I love it! and it's easy to do too so you can be sure I'll be trying it out. thanks for sharing :)

KaseyQ said...

You're like a mind reader. I've been seeing these everywhere and in the back of my mind thinking, "One of these days I'm going to have to sit down and figure out how I can make one of those..." Now I don't have to! You've done it for me! Sweet!