Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today is the day...

Be thankful. We have so much to be thankful for. Be thankful for being alive, for family and friends, for a home and food. Read my whole post here.

here are what some of my lovely followers are thankful for:

I'm thankful for people I get to "meet" through blog-land. :) I love reading their stories and learning from their creative ideas! – Jenni

I am thankful for my family, who love me no matter what. They encourage me to reach for my dreams. I am thankful for my friends, who make me laugh and appreciate me. They make me strive to be a better person. I am thankful for having a roof over my head and things to eat. There may be extra stuff that I have and don't need, but I realize how lucky I am to have the basics and never have to worry about them. I am thankful for the talents I was given. My creativity is a gift I will never take for granted. I am thankful for the beautiful world we live in. I try to protect it so it will continue to be this way for generations to come. :)
– LAK

I'm thankful for good books and good food. I am happy (oh-so!) that God loves ME. :) I am so grateful for time, one of the most precious gifts. All too often I don't use it as productively as I could. Thank you for a wonderful "writing" post. You did good! :) It is always interesting to read your blog. – Caroline {Caroline and I have been friends since... hmm... about age 3-4. She's a great person and she's starting a blog, go check it out!}

I'm thankful for YOU. yep that's right. You’re the bestest friend a person could ask for!!! This Thanksgiving I am thankful for lots of people and things, and i am so happy that you’re in my life. I am VERRRRRRY thankful for you. I love you to the moon and back (and then to Starbucks). – Sophie {my real life best friend ;) gotta love BFFs that leave you sweet comments like that randomly!}

My friend Kasey said these… she’s so amazing I love her to bits! She’s been my friend and supporter since I first started blogging ;)

One thing I've started doing is that each year for Christmas the only thing I ask for is for people to take the money they would have used to buy some random thing for me and instead use it to help someone who really needs it. When it's time to exchange gifts, I ask them to just write me a letter explaining what they did and give it to me. So far, only one person in my family has honored my request, but it's been a year and that's the only present I remember getting last year! My brother and sister-in-law used my present money to put together cold-weather survival backpacks for several different homeless individuals they passed during their daily commute.

When I was doing a lot of serious couponing, I remember walking out of Kroger one day having gotten some awesome deals. I thought of how blessed I was to have more than I needed. I saw a lady coming in who looked like she probably had less than she needed, so I handed her the coupon for "$5 off your next purchase at Kroger". She seemed a little confused, but I just smiled at her and explained she could use it for anything she needed in the store. I shouldn't have been surprised that giving her that coupon made me feel better than earning it, but it sure did. I am so excited for this! And my birthday is coming up next month- I can't WAIT! :-)

And I am thankful for ALL OF YOU! Thanks for following along! Love you all, have a great Thanksgiving!


Photobucket

No comments: