Monday, April 11, 2011

Yummy Bread Recipe

Bible verse:
I love quick things. LOVE. I don't have much patience. It's true. So that is why I love this recipe, because it's really yummy bread, that only takes an hour. :D Makes me happy :P I have made this 3 times in the past month, so that proves how good it is! It's best with lot'sa butter on it fresh out of the oven... yummm. Makes me want to go bake some now! :D I found the recipe Here.


And to make it look like I typed alot, here's the recipe:


One-Hour French Bread


1½ cups warm water

1 tablespoon honey

1½ teaspoons salt

1½ tablespoons Active Dry Yeast

3 - 4 cups flour (any combination of white and whole wheat)


Preheat oven 450ยบ. Combine water, salt, honey, and yeast in a medium bowl. Let sit 5 - 10 minutes, until bubbling. Add flour, stirring with a wooden spoon, until dough is no longer sticky (I'll sometimes dump the dough out onto the cutting board with what flour is in the bowl and roll it around,adding a bit more flour, until it's not sticky). Roll dough into a 12 - 14" roll (or you can divide it in half and roll it into two long skinny baguettes). Place dough roll(s) on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray, cover, and let sit 20 minutes. Make diagonal slits, 1/2" deep, on top with a razor blade. (Optional: spray with salt water). Bake 20 minutes.


Sorry for the lack of craftiness, my life has been sort of hectic lately! I've had another full day of mural painting. Good news, it's almost done!!! So excited! And tomorrow I'll have some awesome tulip pictures if all goes well!


xoxo.

Aly

No comments: