Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Guest Post: Abby from i---create

Hey everyone! I blog over at i---create and I love every minute of it. On i---create, there are a variety of crafts and pictures I love.  I hope you can come by and take a look! Thank you so much for having me.

here i am! :)





These clothespin flower magnets are very cute and fairly quick to make! They are great for hanging up artwork on the fridge or lockers at school.  From start to finish to make 3 will take about a hour.

Here's the tutorial!

Step 1: Paint the tops of the clothespins. I had to do 3 coats of white before they were opaque.

Step 2: While the clothespins are drying, cut out 9 circles of fabric.  They should be about 1 inch wide. (the cap I am using is from a large tide bottle)

Step 3: Fold the circle into quarters

Step 4: Put a dab of hot glue onto the clothespin and press the petal down. If it pops up like it did in the picture, just place a little hot glue on top of the petal and press it down.

Step 5: Repeat the petal process until there are 4 petal on the clothes pin.  Next, add a second layer of petals and place them as shown in the picture.


 Step 6: Make the center petal as shown in the picture and place it in the middle. Make sure you have a large portion of hot glue in the center before you place this petal. Aren't these flowers getting cute!?

Step 7: Add a magnet if you like.  My magnet is from a large roll of magnetic tape. You can buy it at a craft store for under $5. Magnet dots would also work.

I hope you enjoy making these and thanks again to Alyssa for having me!

P.S. Here are some more of the magnets I made.  Some would say I have an obsession! :)Currently they are in my locker and they make it look super cute!

P.P.S. I currently have a giveaway going on! I hope you can enter it and win an amazing print.

7 comments:

KaseyQ said...

Cute idea!! I think I will make these and instead of doing magnets, I'll attach them to a long strip of molding and hang it in my daughter's room so she can hang her artwork! (she loves drawing princess dresses)

Also, I use this same method when making my flower hair clips, and I found a way to do it a little bit quicker- I put four layers of my fabric together and make one cut- cuts them all at once! (well, to get the eight or nine petals you might need to do it twice) I also don't draw mine- I just freehand them. When you're making something like flowers it's okay if they're a little bit imperfect. :-)

MrsWardy88 said...

Great idea!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

These are so cute--I love them--Can't wait to make some!

Abby said...

Thanks for posting this! YOu are welcome to guest post on my blog anytime.

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

That is so clever and an inexpensive way to add some beauty. Lovely! I am a new follower from Women Who Do It All. Vicky from www.messforless.net

Anonymous said...

I know that the hair clips are considered to be the latest trend of the fashion. Here is the great way to make home made hair clips. Thanks for sharing.
hair band wholesale

Christina said...

I just featured this on my blog!!

http://christinasadventures.com/2011/10/sunday-features-41.html

And I pinned it on my Pinterest board!

http://pinterest.com/christinasadven/20-below-features/