Thursday, January 12, 2012

Advice Needed!

So I've been wanting to dye my hair for a long time. And I've always wanted auburn hair. So over the past months I've been looking into semi-permanent auburn hair dye. It's supposedly really easy to do, it washes out in 28 washes, and auburn shouldn't be that big of a jump for me. I don't want like mad RED! I just want slightly red/orange tinted brown hair. Keep reading because i need your help!!
Here are some examples of what i want:

Source: etsy.com via Alyssa on Pinterest
Source: google.com via Alyssa on Pinterest

My mom thinks it'd look good. My aunt is a hair dresser and she thinks it'd look good. So last night i asked my dad. Haha he burst out, "RED? You want RED hair?!?! I think that is the ugliest color that ANYONE could dye their hair! Why would you want RED hair???" After i finished laughing, I explained it wasn't red, it was just my color slightly tinted red. I explained how it'd wash out and all that stuff too. But the point is, he thinks it will look utterly unnatural and so on. and apparently he doesn't like ginger hair. {which btw i love gingers which i think partially led me on to liking auburn hair!}
So he told me that he'd be ok with me getting highlights or something, but he doesn't like red. *sniffles* I explained how i kinda want highlights but i couldn't go any lighter with my hair because my eyebrows are already too dark for my hair {it's natural. i got it from my mom :)} and then he was like, "so you're going to dye your eyebrows red too?!" haha i give up. So then he started laughing and said that i could dye my hair any color, but whatever color i dyed it he would dye his. Uh, my dad + auburn hair = totally wrong. Haha :) I couldn't do that to him. And he wouldn't do it anyways :)
So as of now i can't go auburn unless i think of some awesome excuse. And I want to go lighter but i can't do that either because of my eye brows. I could go darker but then i'd lose my slight orange-ish sheen which i like. Soo..... IDK what to do. Advice/ oppinions please?!?!

now let us look at some gorgeous real ginga' hair that i love and envy!



Source: google.ca via Alyssa on Pinterest

Source: google.ca via Alyssa on Pinterest


Source: flickr.com via Alyssa on Pinterest


Source: google.com via Alyssa on Pinterest

that's way too extreme for me though. if i were a different person and i actually had the guts as well as parents who would allow me to, i might do something like these:


Source: facebook.com via Alyssa on Pinterest




and my personal favorite....



Just because it's cool. :) but don't worry, i'll never do ANYTHING near that!

So as of now, here's me in all my naturalness:



That's about the color of my hair. And see my eyebrows are like black!!! ugh. hey but i guess i'm lucky, most people have to fill their eyebrows in and i don't!

So what would you do if you were me? I know i should just leave it natural because there's nothing wrong with it, but i just want to try something different! plus it only lasts a month and it starts fading away immediately.
Tips? Tricks? Advice? Comments? PLEASEEEEeee!!! I'll love you forever.

I think that's it....
xoxo,
~A





10 comments:

Hannah said...

You should keep your hair he way it is!!! I love your hair!!!

photography4thecreator said...

You should go for the redish brown color.... I think it would look absolutely amazing on you! And, on top of it, I am going to dye my hair the same color in may, for my birthday :)

Love you, and the second picture is just gorgeous

Megan Wynn Volnoff said...

Auburn color is great! Go for it! It's just hair!

KaseyQ said...

I totally think you should go for it. The reason your dad doesn't get it is b/c he's a guy. This is the experience I ALWAYS have with my husband: I tell him I want to do something, either to myself or to our home, and he flips out and thinks I'm completely insane. Then I do it, and he goes, "Wow! That looks so good! I had no idea THAT'S what you meant!" I'm pretty sure it's just a mars/venus thing. Once your dad sees it, he'll be fine. :-) Just have someone who knows what they're doing help you so you don't get too fiery! And if you're at all concerned about the color, err on the side of safety (i.e., less red more brown)- you can always go more intense later. :-)

Brooke said...

No advice accept OH MY GOD IT'D LOOK SOOOO PRETTY! You'd look FANTASTIC with that hair color. Totally love it! :D

I'm gonna dye all of my hair pink temporarily this weekend. Wish me luck! I'm so scared.

Anonymous said...

Well, if your worried about your eyebrows you could naturally lighten them with lemon juice. I sometimes put lemon juice in my hair during the summer and it gives me blonde highlights (and i have medium-dark brunette hair). You could totally just get some lemon juice on a cotton swab then put it on your eyebrows and the sun will lighten it. :) Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

hey i read your post all the time
so im in school for hair and do color all the time

1 you can pull off the auburn red most definitely
2 dnt go to red you seem like you have a pinkish undertone and if you go too red then its gunna make you look like you have burned skin or are having a hot flash all the time lol
3 go for the browner red color
since you have pale skin brown pair up with your skin tone better and dont clash as much gives you a warmer livelier look :)
4 semi permanent will wash out in about 28 washes but since you are wanting to go red its gunna be longer then that red is the last and hardest hair color to get out but it will wash out

i am the same skin tone and stuff as you so most of this comes from my own experience since i just colored my hair like this about decemberish haha you can go loook at my blog for photos of my hair :)
i hope you enjoy the advice i gave you and i know youll rock the hair color

chelsea
http://arcasia-mycreativeside.blogspot.com/

haircolor on me
http://arcasia-mycreativeside.blogspot.com/2011/11/colored-my-hair.html

Andrew said...

I don't think you should dye your hair, you have very pretty hair color already.

P.S. your eyebrows don't look bad at all:)

Sam said...

I have aurburn hair. In my photos on my blog you can't really see it to well. That's because my lighing for the camera is off lol but I think you have really beautiful hair, the color it is. Also you might want to think about, some people look natural with red hair and others, not so much. Good luck and I hope you enjoy what ever you end up doing :)

sam*

Anonymous said...

Go for it!!! It would look great! :)