Sunday, June 26, 2011

RECIPE - Fried Mozzarella Sticks

Our Family loves mozzarella sticks. LOVES. But we never get them because they are sooo expensive. So we decided we'd try to make some, I looked up a recipe, printed it, and my mom made them. I honestly had many doubts... I mean alot of the time you make stuff like this and it either looks like junk and tastes good, or it tastes like junk and looks... well, like junk. Maybe that's just me. Basically everything I make looks like junk. Oh well. Anyway, they were DELISH! Like... HEAVENLY! Annnnd they looked good! They really looked store bought! And tasted store bought! YES!! So I figured if we could make them taste and look good, I ought'a share the recipe... right?






Here she is! This recipe made enough for 5 people to eat and be STUFFED!

Ingredients
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 quart oil for deep frying
1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese sticks

Directions
1. In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water.
2. Mix the bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl. In a medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch.
3. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
4. One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs and finally into the oil. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels. (We found out they cool really quickly, and like most foods, they are best when warm.)






(this recipe was found on http://www.allrecipes.com/ )

Let me know if you made these and if you liked them!



Photobucket

No comments: