Friday, October 21, 2011

TUTORIAL - Bunting Necklace

Today you guys get to witness one of my favorite bloggers... Hannah from Rubies and Pearls! Hannah is so talented and has an amazing blog! Go check out some of her tutorials and follow!

..........................................


Hello Live. Love. Craft. readers!
I'm Hannah and I'm very excited to be here sharing a tutorial with you all today!


Usually you can find me blogging over at Rubies and Pearls where I spend my time crafting, creating and inspiring. My favorite projects are fun jewelry pieces and today I'm going to show you how to make a fun Felt Bunting Necklace! 


It's perfect for fall right?


What you'll need:
  • Felt
  • Pinking Shears
  • Jump Rings
  • Head Pins
  • Beads
  • Something to poke holes
  • Needle Nose Pliers
  • Wire Cutters
  • Chain
  • Clasp
To start you will want to cut your triangles out of felt. Cut 5 larger triangles, and 5 smaller triangles.
I cut them with my pinking shears, but if you don't have any you could certainly use scissors. 


Next lay a larger triangle down, right side up, and then place a smaller triangle also right side up on top of it. 


Now you are going to want to make two holes. I used my metal hole punch, but you could use a pin or a seam riper. 


Open up one of your jump rings. 


 Place the jump ring through the hole you created in both layers of felt.



Repeat on the other side. 
 Place each jump ring into one of the chain links, and close the jump rings. 
Repeat, the above steps 4 times, until you have 5 sets of triangles on the chain. 


Take one of your head pins, and add a pearl. 



Using your needle nose pliers, bend the wire 90 degrees. 


Clip the wire. 


Holding the end of the wire bend backwards to create a loop. 


Place on a jump ring. 


Add to your chain in between a set of triangles. Repeat 5 more times so you have a pearl in between each set and on each end. 



Add your clasp to the end of the chain, and you're finished!




I hope you all enjoyed the tutorial! Please stop by sometime and check out my other tutorials.

Thanks again Alyssa for having me!







Thank YOU Hannah for guest posting! What a lovely necklace! I'm off to make one now :)

3 comments:

Becca Jones said...

haha thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
I just started and bloging and i'm not very good at it :p
Your blog is really cute I hope you come back to my blog...and enjoy it :)
-Becca

Pat (mspfd) said...

How creative and fun! What a great idea and such a pretty necklace!

Anonymous said...

Cute necklace <3